At Shades Online we are here to help you every step of the way with the measuring process and installation of your new window treatments. Here you will find downloadable instructional guides and video tutorials for easy reference. Whether you’re a handy person or not, we are confident you’ll be able to do your own measuring and installation with our guided instructions. All you need are the rights tools and little patience!
Roller Shade Installation Tutorial
Window Measuring Tutorial
Inside vs Outside Window Mount
PDF Instruction Downloads
- How to Measure Roller Shades
- How to Install Roller Shades Instructions
- How To Install Somfy Motor Shades
Get a Professional to Measure & Install for You!
Not Into DIY?
We can help you find a local professional to measure and install your window coverings! Simply shop our website for your perfect window treatments and return to this page to enter your zip code and find a professional installer in your area.
Nationwide Blind Installation, Inc. (NBI)* offers measurement and installation services through their network of qualified technicians. The NBI network is waiting to help you with both measuring and installation services for any purchase you make with Shades Online. The search is free, you will just need to pay the installer for any work they do.
- Measurements and installation guaranteed
- Installers are specialists in blinds/shades
- Average of 23 years in the business
- Pre-screened & insured — and licensed where needed
To find an authorized NBI technician available in your area and to get their estimated pricing, enter your zip code in the Locator Box below:
* Shades Online is not affiliated with NBI or responsible for their technicians. If you plan on having your window treatments installed professionally, we recommend you make arrangements after you have received all of your products and have inspected your order for accuracy. If you ordered multiple blinds, you may receive multiple shipments as the window coverings may be produced in different manufacturing facilities. Shades Online is not be responsible for any incidental costs related to the measurement and/or installation of your order by NBI or any other professional installation service.
Search for a Professional to Measure & Install for You!
Nationwide Blind Installation, Inc (NBI) Customer Comments
Nanda, McKinney, TX
“We were very skeptical about ordering online and definitely would never have done it without the option of an installer to measure and install and thought Jacks rates were very reasonable.”
Kathy, Littleton, CO
“Donald was knowledgeable, professional and efficient. He really took the time to show me the operation of the blinds and to make sure all my questions were answered.”
Rosemary, West New York, NJ
“Gilberto was friendly, professional, neat, on time and a really great installer. He knew what he was doing, installed the blinds quickly and neatly. I would definitely recommend him and use him in the future.”
Denise, Coral Gables, FL
“The installer surpassed my expectations in courtesy, cleanliness, and professionalism. I am very satisfied with the installation process.”
Ken, Trenton, MI
“Jim is very professional and is easy to talk to. He is a good listener and has helpful suggestions. He follows-up on calls promptly.”